Hospital zum Heiligen Geist and Museum biberach
The Hospital of the Holy Ghost was founded before 1258 as a charitable trust and was rebuilt in its current form after the town fire of 1516. It is the largest medieval complex to have engaged in charitable work, within its walls. Its uses include having served as a hospital, orphanage, nursing home and lunatic asylum.
The modern showrooms found in the historical Hospital compplex go to make up one of the best town museums in southern Germany. The four sections of the museum include one with exhibits of the most important German expressionist Ernst Ludwig Kirchner and the original studios of the Munich animal painters Braith and Mali.