Old and New Town Hall

The ground floor of the Alemannic half-timbered Old town hall, constructed in 1432, was originally open amd served as a covered market for butchers. The upper floors housed the council chamber and offices.
In the arcades of the New town hall, constructed in 1503, grocers and bakers sold their wares while council offices and showrooms of the weavers, where the quality grade of their fustian cloth was assessed, were located on the upper floors. Because the high groundwater level made the ground boggy, the foundation of the new town hall had to be placed on 1800 oak stakes.
A large building with archways, battlements and turrets. It is the New Town Hall.
New town hall